Lead Software Engineer / C++ Software Architect
SLAMcore is a London-based startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. We are developing breakthrough solutions for the next generation of spatially aware devices by harnessing sensor fusion and the latest advancements in cameras and processors. Our target markets include commercial drones and wheeled robots.
With significant funding secured from investors around the world, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. With our software engineering team growing we require a Lead Software Engineer/C++ Software Architect to grow and drive this team forward. This is a very hands on and technical position but also requires some team and project management skills. You will be responsible for design and development of high performance software in the area of computer vision, robotics and drones. You will build and manage a team of exceptional software engineers working closely with our research and hardware development team to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of exciting customers. This is a great opportunity to join us at an early stage and help shape both our core technology and the business as it grows.
- Design and development of high performance software in the area of computer vision, robotics and drones
- Technical lead and management of a team of software engineers
- Working closely with research and hardware development teams
- Reporting directly to CTO
- Excellent skills in C++, software design and development
- Technically talented and highly efficient problem solver
- Very rigorous on code quality, performance, simplicity and maintainability
- Experience in working and software development under Linux
- Experience in technical team management
- At least 7 years of of professional software engineering experience
- Comfortable and excited about working in a dynamic, agile, startup environment
Any of the following will be a plus:
- Experience in 3D graphics, computer vision, image processing, robotics
- Experience with open-source libraries e.g. OpenCV, Eigen, Ceres
- Experience in all the design stages of a software product
- Experience with project management software such as JIRA
- Track record of giving hardware/software solutions to customers
- Meaningful stock options
- The chance to play a meaningful part of building an exciting technology company
Apply now through our Jobs Site or send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.