SLAM Research Engineer
SLAM Research Engineer
SLAMcore is a London-based startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers and specialists. We are developing breakthrough solutions for the next generation of spatially aware devices by harnessing sensor fusion and the latest advancements in cameras and processors. Our target markets include commercial drones and wheeled robots.
With significant funding secured from investors around the world, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. We have a number of exciting job opportunities for outstanding SLAM and Deep Learning engineers and researchers with both deep theoretical knowledge and practical experience. You will be responsible for the design and development of cutting edge SLAM and/or Deep Learning algorithms. Real-time performance is essential so your solutions will be expressed in high quality C++ code with the potential for significant optimisation. You will have the opportunity to develop full SLAM systems for our target markets and work with various sensors and processors. You will work closely with the founding team to push forwards the fundamental structure and design of SLAMcore’s technology delivering state-of-the-art solutions for a wide variety of real-world applications. This is a great opportunity to join us at an early stage and help shape both our core technology and the business as it grows.
- Design and development of cutting edge SLAM and/or Deep Learning algorithms
- Developing how quality Spatial AI systems that work in real-world scenarios
- Working closely with our engineering team
- Ph.D. in computer vision or robotics
- Strong background in advanced geometric computer vision or SLAM
- Strong background and understanding of optimisation, numerical linear algebra, probabilistic estimation
- Experience with SLAM e.g. monocular, stereo, visual-inertial or RGBD
- Experience with relevant open-source libraries e.g. OpenCV, Eigen
- Proficiency in C++ programming
- Excellent team and communication skills
Any of the following will be a plus:
- Industrial experience in commercial development of computer vision-enabled or robotics products
- Experience with embedded software development
- Experience with Deep Learning
- GPU programming skills e.g. CUDA, OpenCL, Vulkan, Metal
- Experience with mobile robots or drones
- Able to start immediately
- Meaningful stock options
- Flexible working
- The chance to play an important part of building an exciting technology company
- Working with the best researchers in visual SLAM
- Chance to publish and attend scientific conferences
- Open and diverse multinational team
- Relocation costs covered
- Regular team activities and lunches
- Free gym membership
We are open to applications from candidates anywhere in the world and are able to provide sponsorship for various types of visa.
If you are are interested please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.